Cattle Situation Report, January - June 2017

January 2017 to June 2017

Inventory


As of July 1, 2017, the total Cattle inventory was estimated at 2,561,270 heads. Around 93.94 percent or 2,406,109 heads were raised in backyard farms and the remaining 6.06 percent or 155,161 heads were found in commercial farms. Inventory on backyard farms with 2.41 million heads increased by 0.61 percent compared with previous year’s stocks. However, cattle inventory in commercial farms at 155.16 thousand heads decreased by 5.46 percent compared with previous year’s level.

Industry Performance Reports