This LABSTAT Updates is the first in a series of reports that presents the highlights of the results of the 2015/2016 Integrated Survey on Labor and Employment (ISLE) module entitled Occupational Shortages and Surpluses.
Conducted every two years, the ISLE is a nationwide sample survey covering agricultural and non-agricultural establishments with 20 or more workers. The latest survey, 2015/2016 ISLE covered 12,926 establishments.
This issue presents statistics on job openings or vacancies that were made available for placements by establishments during the 18-month period covering January 2015 to June 2016.
Decline in the number of vacancies as reported in 2016
Number of job vacancies took a downturn from 753,092 in 2014 to a total of 698,683 in 2016. In contrast, the number of applicants for the same period increased by 12 percent. (Table 1)
In 2016, the total number of establishments posted at 31,277, lower by 11 percent than the 35,209 establishments in 2014. Of these, 51.6 percent or 16,144 establishments reported as wanting additional workers. (Table 1)
Of the total vacancies reported, 460,069 or 65.8 percent were regular positions and the rest were non-regular positions (34.2 percent or 238,614). (Table 1)
Read the full article here.